Three of five students participate in summer session during their CSU journey.
Students who participate in CSU’s summer session generally:
- Strive to accelerate their academic progress, advance in their profession, or gain hands-on experience.
- Graduate at higher rates.
- Are more likely to earn higher summer term grade point averages than in fall and spring.
- Take 5.5 credits on average over summer
- Please note: Students may take more than five credits depending on requirements of financial aid and/or scholarship requirements.
Summer offers a unique opportunity to focus on one or few courses at a time, making it a great time to complete a challenging course, participate in experiential learning, or fulfill a prerequisite. By participating in Summer Session, students have the opportunity to graduate and earn earlier, and potentially reduce educational expenses.
Students should be prepared for the condensed terms within summer and make a plan for devoting adequate time to their studies. Discover the educational, financial, and time-saving benefits of summer session, along with the advantages of summer’s shorter terms and accelerated courses.