What is a Summer-Only Student?
Students who are attending at least one campus class during Summer Session and not degree-seeking CSU students are “Summer-Only” students. Courses for summer-only students are offered on-campus, online, or through a combination of on-campus and online delivery.
Choose one of the two processes outlined below according to the type of course delivery you are seeking:
1. Online Only
Summer-Only students enrolling for only online summer courses — no on-campus courses — register through CSU Online. Registration for summer classes for CSU Online students begins Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
2. Campus Courses (with or without online courses):
Summer-Only students wanting to register for any on-campus summer course(s) must first complete the Nondegree Summer-Only application.
- Students are encouraged to apply by March 1 for first access to course registration.
- The Summer-Only application is free.
- Once admitted, students create an eID, then register through RAMweb.
- Registration begins Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at noon.
Explore our Courses and Registration resource.
If you are interested in taking a graduate-level course as a nondegree student before applying for graduate admission, be sure to see guidance from the academic department(s) you are considering first.
Students not currently enrolled at CSU who wish to earn a CSU degree must apply for admission.