Cancellation, Add/Drop, and Withdrawal
- CSU Online Course Drop and Withdrawal deadlines and refund policies for 80X sections differ from University deadlines. For additional information, please see CSU Online Drop Policies.
Schedule Change Periods
Summer Session 2019 schedule change and course withdrawal deadlines for each course are listed in several places:
- In RAMweb. Once you are registered, you can find these dates through the “Weekly Class Schedule” area.
- Select the “Registered Course Details” link for deadline specifics.
- On the class schedule. Select the “Title” link for the specific course section.
- Schedule change deadlines for common terms within Summer Session are available on the Summer Session Calendar.
Dropping Summer Session Courses
- You must drop your summer course(s) before the specific term begins or during the designated schedule change period.
- If you do not drop within the designated time frame, you will be charged 100% tuition and fees.
- If you are a summer-only student who is enrolled in an online course with a section ID of 801 (or 80X), contact CSU Online.
- If you are a degree-seeking student or summer-only student enrolled in an online course with a section ID 401 (or 40X) showing in RAMweb, you must drop your online course using your RAMweb account.
Using RAMweb to Drop Courses
- Visit RAMweb and log in;
- In the “Registration” box, choose the “Go to Registration” link;
- Continue to the Registration page and select the “Register for Classes” link;
- On the “Select a Term” page, select the drop-down list:
- Choose “Summer Session 2019” and “Continue”;
- On the “Register for Classes” screen, find the “Summary” area, then:
- Choose the “Drop on web” action for the course you wish to drop, and
- Select “Submit.”
Course Withdrawal Period
- During the Course Withdrawal Period, which begins after the Add/Drop Period ends, courses may be dropped and a “W” (withdrawal) will be recorded on the academic record.
- The course Withdrawal Period for each course is listed in the course details in RAMweb.
- Tuition and fees are not adjusted for course withdrawals during this period.
- Students make withdrawals by course in RAMweb.
- Requests for course withdrawals during the last week of summer courses are considered through the registration appeal process.
- Course withdrawals after the date listed in RAMweb, up to the Friday prior to the last week of class, can be processed by contacting the Office of the Registrar (RegistrarsOffice@colostate.edu) via a student’s colostate.edu email address or in person (100 Centennial Hall).
- Course withdrawals requested after the Friday prior to the last week of class may be considered with documentation of extenuating circumstances beyond a student’s control.
- The Summer Session withdrawal period equals the same percentage of time as the spring and fall semester withdrawal periods.
- The shorter the period, the fewer the days for course withdrawal.
The following information is required for the appeal request:
- Registration Appeal Cover Sheet from the Registrar’s website under “Forms“. Download “Registration Appeal“.
- Student letter to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs explaining the reason for the appeal.
- Instructor document on “Documentation from…” (page 3 of the Registration Appeal download) or letter on departmental letterhead providing information on the student’s academic performance or attendance that is relevant to the appeal.
- Documentation of extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control (e.g.medical documentation, accident report, advisor’s statement, etc.). Medical documentation should be in the form of a letter from a medical provider, not medical records.